How do I find out who owns a business?
Search ASIC’s registers and databases
You can use our registers to find information about a company. You can print summaries of key information.
How do I find out who owns an LLC in Indiana?
To lookup a business entity (Corporation, LLC, Limited Partnership) in Indiana, you will need to go to the Secretary of State’s Website. You may be able to search by Name or Client ID Number.
How do I find a registered business in Indiana?
Corporation & Business Entity Search
You can find information on any corporation or business entity in Indiana or another state by performing a search on the Secretary of State website of the state or territory where that corporation is registered.
How do I find information on an LLC?
To find LLC information, such as the owner of a company, you can search the Secretary of State (SoS) business database in the state where the company was formed.
How To Find LLC Information
- The address of the LLC.
- The address of the LLC’s registered agent.
- The legal status of the company.
How do I find company details?
How do I find information on a company?
- Company Websites. Almost all the companies upload the press releases, advisories, reports (audits, annual reports, etc.), financial documents along with some other publications on the website. …
- Directories and Yellow Pages. …
- Local Economic and Business Journals/Magazines/Newspapers.
How do I find information on a business?
Here are a few resources and websites that may help you find the data on a particular business:
- Business and Company Resource Center. Access from Home – Use library barcode. …
- Reference USA. …
- Better Business Bureau. …
- Chamber of Commerce. …
- Hoovers Online.
How do I find out who owns an LLC?
Finding an LLC Owner
By law, a limited liability company must register in the state where it will conduct business. By doing so, the state has a record of who owns the LLC. So, start your search with the Secretary of State website. Using the search option with the business name should return the owner’s name.
How do I find public business records?
Public records can generally be obtained from the local Secretary of State’s office – especially in the case of Limited Partnerships or if a DBA Filing is required (see the “Secretary of State Filings” section, below).
Is a business name taken?
Is my business name taken? The best way to find out if your business name is taken is to do a business entity search within your state, check Federal Trademark Records, and search the web to find businesses with the same or a similar name.
Is an LLC a corporation?
Although a limited liability company (LLC) is not considered either a corporation or a partnership, it shares similarities with each. For example, an LLC is treated as a partnership for income tax purposes and must be formed in a specific state like a partnership.
How do I check to see if a LLC name is available?
How to Check Name Availability
- Step one: Go to the online business services page.
- Step two: Click on the type of business structure you plan to form.
- Step three: Depending on your answer, you may need to respond to additional questions.
- Step four: Simply type the business name you wish to use in the search box.