Do you need mothers day gift ideas? Look no further, we put together some of the best mothers days gifts.. The best thing about it is they are all supported by small business owners AKA mom’s! So you are helping small businesses and moms, what more could you ask for?!
- Stress Free Essential Oils: I seriously LOVE oils.. I wish I could tell the whole world about how wonderful they really truly are! I have horrible sinuses and allergies, so these have helped with that, but they have also helped with my anxiety. I love the smell of all of them, plus I love how there are endless options for how to use them: aromatically, topically, and internally. There are so many kinds of oils to that the possibilities are endless! I love them all!!! Shop now
- River Babe Threads : I LOVEEEE their shirts!! I am ALL about the hot mess mom train.. I mean who really has it together these days?! They have some for mamas and even for kids. They are seriously the cutest!! You have to run over to their site to check all that they have.. PLUS they are offering 25% off!!! Use code: FORMAMA = 25% off! Get your shopping on!!
- Hand Stamped By Suzanne: What mama doesn’t love some jewelry?! They are perfect, adorable, and affordable for all mama’s. I love how the customization looks so perfect on this! I love the charms and how personal this is!! Buy one get one half off with code: momma. Shop now
- Little Mami Shop: T-shirts are in this season. I can’t even tell you how many times I put on a t-shirt like all day everyday. It’s the perfect style when your a mama!!! Take 25% off their store using code: momma. Shop now.
- Cart Mama is a grocery cart attachment that lets parents shop with kids more conveniently, easily, and with less frustration. It holds up to 30 pounds of items, so you can get everything on your list, and is easy to install, works on any cart, and is perfect for any age children and any size family. Cart Mama is so good, it’s almost like shopping alone.
- Rodan & Fields: The #1 skincare brand in the U.S. has recently released the biggest breakthrough in natural lashes. Get ready to toss your lash extensions! Lash Boost from Rodan + Fields is the key to fuller-looking, longer-looking, darker-looking lashes that are 100% real, and 100% yours. This nightly eyelash conditioning serum will enhance the natural appearance of your lashes in just 4 weeks with the best results seen at 12 weeks. Lash Boost uses Multi-Med® Therapy to moisturize, nourish and protect lashes. Panthenol and Sodium Hyaluronate attract moisture to the lash, promoting flexibility and resilience. Biotin & Keratin infuse protein to help protect against future damage. Peptides provide nutrition to the lashes, enhancing durability and supporting a more voluminous appearance. Lash Boost is clinically and ophthalmologist tested, and found to be safe and non-irritating. It is a nightly lash conditioning serum that is intended to moisturize, nourish and protect your lashes. Lash Boost is a cosmetic grade product designed to improve the appearance of your lashes. It is not a drug product and will not affect the structure and function of your lashes.This product is amazing! You can even apply Lash Boost to eyebrows to help them appear healthier looking and more beautiful. It is guaranteed to last 60-days and comes with a 60-day money back guarantee Retail $150 Preferred Customers $135
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Read our disclosure.
Are you looking to make additional income? Virtual assistant is SO popular in todays world! A Vritual Assistant is a very broad term since they can offer you so much for your business. All that it means is that they are working anywhere on just about anything. It is not specific to one thing but rather to one niche.
Here are a few tasks that you can offer:
- Blog Traffic Reporting
- Social Media Designs
- Video Editing
- Powerpoint Presentations
- Creating Infographics
- Logo/Graphic Design
- Invoicing /Accounting
- Email Admin
- Pr Management
- Press Release
- Branding Management
- Giveaway Coordination
- Affilfate Management
- Social Media Scheduling
- Live Webinar Assistance
- HR Services
- Internet Research
- Blog Management
- Customer Service
- Website Assistance
- SEO Services
- WordPress updates
- Newsletter Content Creation
- Mail chimp Assistance
- Pinterest Expert
- Sales Funnel Assistance
A lot of these items are items that you can self teach and grow your career with. There’s so many webinars and other networks that will help you. Make sure that you are knowledgable in whatever you offer. Want to learn more about this? Send us an email to get a FREE consultation on how you can make money as a VA.
Read our disclosure.
Are you not happy with where your time has been going lately? There once was a time when I felt like I could get everything done and then some. Lately that has not been the case by any means. I have really force feed myself to get things done and I am wondering why.. Things have of course changed! Being a wife and mother is no easy task. I literally have to take notes of things to get done such as laundry.
I have decided to find out where my time is really going.. I promised myself that I would now start to have a schedule and stick to it. I have had major anxiety over the last couple of months and I realized that in order to motivate myself and get in the frame of mind that I need to be, I need to manage my time and set schedules and set goals.
The problem is that when you work from home you realize it is harder than you think. When you have a toddler or dog running around you forget things. When the laundry is over flowing full of stuff, do you do that or work? These are all things that run through my head constantly. I have to dedicate time to certain projects throughout the day or else nothing will get done and my anxiety will increase.
I get so distracted easily these days.. I sit in my home office and want to decorate my walls, like really!? I need to stay focused and it is super hard sometimes. Just like anything we need to stick to it and get a schedule going. I am sharing with y’all my schedule… and how I am getting motivated and going. YES there are time slots for lunch, dinner, meds, etc. I have alerts because y’all I am that forgiving these days. And it IS okay!
- Set food breaks!! This is a MUST. Get out if you need to..
- Hire a Nanny or daycare.. This is A MUST.! I have antonio in daycare three days a week. Those three days are dedicated to work! The other two are dedicated to mommy and antonio!
- Set Goals for the week. Set personal and business goals for the week. IF you need to do laundry but have a huge deadline, manage the time efficiently.
- Ignore social media. Only go on social media if you need to post things, then GET OFF IT. This KILLS time y’all! Set social media schedules if you need to (Facebook 10 minutes, etc).
- Wake up earlier. I wake up earlier than anyone in my house. I have to unload the dishwasher get ready for antonio to wake up, etc. AND eat breakfast. I can get a lot done before anyone else wakes up!
Read our disclosure.
I see you looking at me wondering why I’m doing the things I’m doing. Wondering why my kid isn’t talking yet. Wondering why I’m so down and wondering why I’m feeding my kid snacks. Wondering why my kid is laughing hysterically but not talking. I see you making faces and holding your baby tighter. Wondering why my kid just sat in the middle of the ground not wanting to walk and screaming his head off. I see you looking and wondering why my kid doesn’t match today.
I’m not a horrible mom. We aren’t any different than you but you choose us to be by looking at us like we are from mars. We all are the same; we all need each other to come together and learn this together. We need to appreciate the moms regardless of what their kid looks or acts like. We all are in this together.
Can we all stop judging moms? It hurts. Motherhood isn’t easy and never will be. We adjust and adapt, we go through hell. It hurts. We take things so personal. We want the best for our kids. We want them to be happy and successful. We don’t want them to grow up.
So next time you look at a mom or want to judge her stop. Sit next to her and ask her how she’s doing. Tell her she’s not alone and offer her a hand when her kid is screaming at the top of his lungs. Be kind to one another and stop the judging.
Read our disclosure.
There are plenty of ways for you to save money you just have to know how to shop smart and be aware of ways to ‘cheat’.
- Picking the right store with the same quality is critical. We used to go to Walmart because the prices seemed cheaper, but we realized that the meat was not as good as we thought it would be. After much thought we decided to go to Giant Eagle for our meat. I suddenly started to realize that they had more options all over and had much better prices, especially sales!
- Water…. water… We all know we like water bottles, but in the long run this adds up quick! We used to through a pack a week so thats $3 x 4 =$12 a month minimally. We decided to use water bottles (that were large enough to fill up 2 water bottles) with a water filter in the fridge. We cut expenses wherever we can! PLUS.. another thing is if you are like me you love ice tea, right? Make your own in a pitcher and put it in another bottle for you to take with you instead of getting ice tea.
- I can’t stress meal planning enough!!! Oh my gosh we are currently working on this all the time. It has saved us time and money. I can know what meat to pull out the nights before or what have you!
- Use cash back Apps.. This is my favorite favorite way to MAKE money! You heard right!!! Make money grocery shopping? Sign me up. Our favorite is Checkout 51, Ibotta All of these are super easy to use!
- Cutting back on snacks will help you save money as well! I have limited our snacks to only a few a week that we really truly will eat and that are somewhat healthy. If you are hungry when you go shopping you will buy more (duh) and more snacks!! So make sure you have the strength to turn down the good ones!!
- Growing your own produce will help you save money.. plus it will be healthier and possibly even last longer. I don’t know about you but I feel like I buy so much produce and never eat it all! I always tell myself that I will, but I never do. We have a tomato plant and cucumber plant outside that I can’t wait to use this year! We will be able to save money this way with this simple task!
Read our disclosure.
How often do you and your husband, or significant other, have date nights? I mean lets be honest here. I think we have only had about TWO real date nights since Antonio has been born, and he’s already 18 months! I realized how important this is for the both of us! Sometimes I feel that I am not a good wife or wonder where our ‘love at first sight’ has gone. You NEED to keep the spark and flare going always.
I know we need to have WAY more. I know it. I think the biggest struggles are what will do and who will watch Antonio? We just moved in September and don’t know many people here, but we are only 4 hours from family so we all can travel if needed. SO that knocks out one problem because I know they will gladly watch him!
What about what to do? I mean… cause I know when we go out we will want to hurry up and get home.. or we talk about Antonio. You remember those days pre kid? When you would go out and talk about a future and family? … How do we find topics to talk about? We are trying this new thing where we can’t talk about Antonio or work at all when we go out on a date night. It’s all a huge change, but we both truly need it. I was told by several people that you need to have a date night with your significant other at least twice a month, so we are going to DO just that!
We are promising each other that we will go out a date bi weekly with each other as sitters permit. It will be a great time! We are pondering ideas of what to do and came across some date night ideas incase others are looking for some too!
- gun range: we love guns and like to stay up to date with our shooting! This can be fun followed by a lunch or dinner afterward.
- bar: I haven’t ever really been a huge bar fan, but why not? We can go hang out with some friends, play bar games, and watch sports for a little while.
- dinner/movie: ahh the traditional dates pre baby.. Pick a movie that you BOTH want to see. This is great since we are always watching cartoons and kid shows; its time for some adult time!
- ice skating: This is foolish, it has been YEARS since I did this. I am open for new adventures and fun times
- dance lessons: I love dance, my husband not so much. We took dance lessons a while back for our wedding so we might just go ahead and take some more again!
- cooking lessons: It doesnt mean you are a bad cook; it just means you want to try some new recipes or cooking ideas!
- go for a hike: If you are a nature person this is a great idea. We are in the middle of winter in Ohio so it is hard for us to hike when the weather isn’t great. We will keep this in mind for the spring time.
- shopping: Shopping always wins the key to my heart! Go pick up a new outfit for the both of you then head out to dinner!
What do you and your significant other do for date nights? We would LOVE to hear!
Read our disclosure.
One of my New Years goal is to save money. I know I am late to the party, but I haven’t been myself in writing about my personal life; so what better time than now? I know this is super hard and everyone wants to do this. I have a 12 month budget started for the year 2017. I am excited and nervous about this. I think it super hard to follow this budget given that we like to spend money (who doesn’t). However after about the third months budget I realized that things can change quickly so it was foolish of me to think about a year budget at one time. I cut back on a lot of work and knew that my income would affect this.
It is hard to budget THAT far in advance and no one can do it. You can have estimates and ideas, but to really stick to it can be tough. You can lose your job, you can have a mega downfall such as medical bills or car expenses that affect your budget. Make your budget as realistic as you can.
I have decided to cut back wherever possible, for many things. One thing we cut back on was the kids food/drinks. My son was on organic milk that costs $6 x 4 days $24 a week on milk. Formula used to be way more expensive, but now that he is older we can cut this back and have regular milk. It seems to last much longer and saves us much more money. We are able to give him juice and water whenever he doesn’t want milk, so this helps also. We use milk strictly for nap time or bedtime this way we know he will go right to sleep. With his meals we use either water or juice since he is filling up on solids we know this will work!
You have to cut back whenever possible look at where you’re spending money and what you can cut back on. Look at how much you want to save a month and start small. You can’t save a lot all up front at once, don’t be foolish. My husband hasn’t used his gym membership and we have had it for SIX months… SO we cancelled that.. $40 a month, yeah we made that back!
Gas… this is the other tricky item.. We have to make sure that we budget accordingly for gas! We make sure that we ‘shop’ around for prices but yet are still getting good gas! Know that typically gas prices rise around weekends or right before a holiday so make sure to plan accordingly.
We are in FULL mode for meal prep! Like no lie.. This is about as real as it gets! This is one of the hardest things to do, especially on the weekends when you need motivation. However, I have realized how much time it saves us plus I can get excited for my food more during the week! It saves us money from going out to lunch where it is an added expense.
How do you cut back on your budget/bills — we’d LOVE to hear from you!
Read our disclosure.
Finding the right daycare can be a pain, especially if this is your first time using one. I know that I made a few mistakes when I first put my son in daycare, and I would love to share them with you so that you don’t make the same mistakes as I. First, take a deep breath and know that daycare is a huge part of your childs life; it is the first step to independence. You will be worried and thinking about your child, but know that it really is good for them.
Make sure you do your research. Check out how long hey have been in business, their website, their reviews, and read their story. Compare and contrast your top three daycare picks, so you can narrow down your decision.
- Ask Questions: Make a list of questions that you have. You have to ask questions so that you will feel secure leaving your kid with them! Make sure to keep a notebook of questions to ask and ask them all at the same time so that you can feel organized and confident.
- Know pricing: Does it cover sick days, etc? this one is huge since it is expensive! If someone can’t work with you on this then it’s not worth it for you. What if you go on vacation? What if your child is very sick? What if you want to go down to part time? Furthermore is it hourly based or just day based? Do you have to have them there for a certain amount a day? Is there a late pick up fee? Find out all of these things so that you can feel at ease.
- Know what food will be served: Make sure to get a menu for the week and note if your child doesn’t like certain things. If your child likes juice or something else make sure to note that and ask what they will do for this? Find out how often they eat and what times they eat, etc. This will help you keep you on schedule on days when your child isn’t at daycare.
- Will they give you updates hourly? Ok maybe not hourly, but will they call you if your child isn’t eating well? Will you get email notifications? How will hey communicate things to you through out the day? Make sure you let them know to call you if your child isn’t eating, feeling well, etc.
- What will they do in an emergency situation? If your child isn’t eating and having trouble breathing will they call you or take him to the er? Ask them if they have CPR certifications?
- What is their schedule like? Are they open from 6-6? What is the day schedule like? Furthermore, what will they be doing hour to hour. Do they do story time? Is there learning activities? If there isn’t any learning going on you might as well skip it because this is a must. Ask for criteria that they will do so that you can work with the child at home.
- Do they enforce discipline? If so how? Ask them if we don’t want them biting on things will they help enforce it? The hardest thing is trying to break your child from a habit that they are doing in daycare but not at home; it has to complement on another.
Putting your child in daycare is no easy task by any means, but this will help you prepare for it. What are other things do you look for in daycares?
Read our disclosure. **This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking through my links.
Every once in a while we try to plan ahead with meals and do some serious cooking. A few weeks ago we had my mother in law in town and we decided to make gnocchi homemade with some Italian cookies! Plus homemade red sauce. UM yes to all of that!! My son loves some pasta so this was like a double win for us!
It’s times like this where meal prep is easier than ever. Double that recipe and freeze it! It’s so easy to do and will save you time. You don’t even have to cook the gnocchi before freezing it. When you want to eat it next time just pull it out and cook it. It’s super easy! You can add in some sausage or meatballs and garlic bread! It will literally save you time and a half, plus you will be able to eat healthy without any processed food!
So the best part about this as well is that we have homemade sauce! We literally filled up 3-4 cans after using some for our dinner. Freeze those and re use them whenever you are ready for your gnocchi or next pasta dinner! We all know how much pasta sauce can really be so this is a huge saving for us pasta lovers!
Side note.. we save the glass pasta sauce cans.: they come in handy for times like these! It’s perfect for these times! Win – win all around!
Read our disclosure.
Let’s face it… when you’re a mother diaper bags are a must and we need them to be stylish.. Say goodbye to those adorable purses you have and get an adorable diaper bag. Face it, you wont be able to pack away all the things in your purse, or even want to… especially if you have a nice expensive purse.
I am SO in love with this Laiva Deluxe Diaper Bag and I know you will be!! It’s SUPER affordable and durable!! I promise when I say this to you! It was designed with mama’s in mind; it is the perfect blend of fashion and functionality. You wont even realize that you are using a diaper bag it is that adorable.
Plus if you have amazon prime you can get FREE shipping so make sure you take advantage of amazon prime and save $5. Make sure to take advantage of their sale, 50% off, using code: MOMMABEE. Offer ends on February 10th so make sure to take advantage of it..
You know what else? This is the PERFECT gift for Valentines Day so make sure you share it with your Significant other and tell him to get it ASAP. Run over to Laiva Deluxe Diaper Bag
Read our disclosure.