How do I register my business name with the state of Utah?
To register your Utah LLC, you’ll need to file a Certificate of Organization with the Utah Department of Commerce. You can apply online or by mail. Read our Form an LLC in Utah guide for details. To register your Utah corporation, you’ll need to file the Articles of Incorporation with the Utah Department of Commerce.
How do I register a DBA for an LLC in Utah?
There are three primary steps that you need to complete to form your DBA in the state of Utah.
- Register your new DBA. Go to the Utah Division of Corporations website if you have a tax identification number for Utah and you should be able to complete the process online. …
- Fill out the form. …
- Submit your application.
Where do I register my business name?
Register with federal agencies
If you want to trademark your business, brand or product name, file with the United States Patent and Trademark office once you’ve formed your business. If you want tax-exempt status for a nonprofit corporation, register your business as a tax-exempt entity with the IRS.
How do I get a business license in Utah?
What do I need to obtain a business license?
- Completed Salt Lake City Corporation Application for a New Business and Regulatory License form.
- All necessary fees.
- Registration with the Utah State Department of Commerce (business name, corporation, LLC, partnership)
- State sales tax number (if applicable)
How do I change the name of my business in Utah?
Utah LLCs have to file a completed Articles of Amendment to Articles of Organization form with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code. You can submit by fax, mail, or in person. If you choose to fax the document, you will need to attach a Fax Cover Letter. The filing of an amendment comes with a $37 fee.
Do I need to register my sole proprietorship in Utah?
Registration and Licensure of a Sole Proprietorship
When a sole proprietor conducts business under an assumed name, that name must be registered with the Utah Division of Corporations and Commercial Code using an application available from the Division.
How much does it cost to register a DBA in Utah?
Initial Application for Registration
|Agency:||Utah Department of Commerce – Division of Corporations and Commerical Code|
|Filing Method:||Mail or online.|
How do I set up an LLC in Utah?
Just follow these six steps, and you’ll be on your way.
- Name Your Utah LLC. …
- Choose Your Registered Agent. …
- Prepare and File Certificate of Organization. …
- Receive a Certificate From the State. …
- Create an Operating Agreement. …
- Get an Employer Identification Number.
How do I start a DBA for an LLC?
5 Steps to Setting Up a DBA for Your LLC
- Decide on a Business Name for Your DBA. …
- Register the DBA Name You Want to Use. …
- Secure Any Business Licenses or Registration Needed. …
- Publish Notice of Your New DBA. …
- Consider Trademarking Your DBA Name.
Can I use a business name without registering it?
You need to register a business name if you conduct business under a name other than your own. A business name, also known as a trading name, is a name or title under which a person, or other legal entity, carries on business. When you register a business name, you register it nationally.
Can I register a business name and not use it?
You can register your business name with your state, which is basically a process of reserving it so no one else can use it in your state.
How do I know if my business name is already taken?
In most states, the website of the state business filing agency includes an online entity name check tool. You can use the online tool to search business names and find out whether another business is already using the name you have chosen.
Do you need a business license for a small business?
Businesses generally require a general business license in order to operate a business in the city or county in which they are located. “Doing business as” license or permit.