Since going gluten-free, we have lost weight and haven’t felt so down. I don’t really know how to describe it, but we don’t feel so consumed. We don’t eat as much because when you give your body what it needs, you feel better. Like, you eat sugar, you are going to want more. I haven’t had real unnatural sugar or candy of any kind in quite some time. We notice the difference immensely. We went out of town for a conference a few weeks ago, and let’s just say we couldn’t even keep their food down because our bodies have adjusted SO MUCH to eating healthily. It is amazing how much a diet can change you mentally, physically, and emotionally. Catch up on why we hopped on this journey.
It’s important to always look at the ingredients. In general, when determining whether a food product is made using gluten-containing ingredients, you are looking for six keywords: wheat, barley, rye, oats, malt, and brewer’s yeast.
I want you also to note that you can still eat bread, tortillas, etc. You merely need to make sure you are eating the right types.
Here are 12 of the best gluten-free foods:
- Enjoy Life Soft Baked Cookies, Soy free, Nut free, Gluten free, Dairy free, Non GMO, Vegan, Variety Pack
- Snyder’s of Hanover Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks 100 Calorie Packs, 24 Count
- KIND Bars, Dark Chocolate Nuts & Sea Salt, Gluten Free, 1.4 Ounce Bars, 12 Count
- SmashPack Protein Fruit Smoothie Squeeze Pouch (Variety Pack) – 14g of Protein with MCT Oil, No Added Sugar, Gluten Free
- Annie’s Gluten Free Rice Pasta & Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese, 12 Boxes, 6oz
- Van’s Natural Foods – Gluten-Free Sandwich Bars Blueberry & Peanut Butter – 5 Bars
- Lance Gluten Free Crackers, Cheddar Cheese, 5 Ounce
- Enjoy Life Chewy Bars, Soy free, Nut free, Gluten free, Dairy free, Non GMO, Vegan, Cocoa Loco, 5 Count (Pack of 6)
- GoPicnic Ready-to-Eat Meals Tasty Favorites Variety Pack – Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
- JJ Virgin Chocolate Plant-Based All-In-One Shake – Vegetarian-Friendly Protein Powder, 30 Servings
- Food Should Taste Good, Tortilla Chips, Multigrain, Gluten Free Chips, 5.5 oz
- KNOW Foods – KNOW Better Cookie, Double Chocolate, Keto Snack, Low Carb Snack, Protein Cookie, Gluten Free
Be careful what you look for in products. If you see any of these, the goods contain gluten:
- Triticum vulgare (wheat)
- Triticale (a cross between wheat and rye)
- Hordeum vulgare (barley)
- Secale cereale (rye)
- Triticum spelta (spelt, a form of wheat)
Read more about what foods have gluten in them here – https://celiac.org/gluten-free-living/what-is-gluten/sources-of-gluten/
We decided to go gluten-free to be healthier, and to try out some ideas behind autism. We are sharing our journey as time goes on, and this is still fairly new to us. Gluten-free so far has treated us well.
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!