Being an entrepreneur has a lot of up’s and down’s. It requires a lot of knowledge and up keep. You have to constantly be growing each day, otherwise you might fall behind.
I do enjoy podcasts and audio books, but every now and then I do enjoy a nice reading book., It’s a great way to sit down at night and unwind. Reading really is good for the soul.
Here are some of my top favorite entrepreneur books.
- Start Your Own Business, Sixth Edition: The Only Startup Book You’ll Ever Need
Tapping into more than 33 years of small business expertise, the staff at Entrepreneur Media takes today’s entrepreneurs beyond opening their doors and through the first three years of ownership. This revised edition features amended chapters on choosing a business, adding partners, getting funded, and managing the business structure and employees, and also includes help understanding the latest tax and healthcare reform information and legalities.
- Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur Women around the world have responded to Cara Alwill Leyba’s Girl Code with a resounding YES. Companies like Kate Spade and Macy’s have brought her in to teach “the Code.” Inc. magazine named Girl Code one of the “Top 9 Inspiring Books Every Female Entrepreneur Should Read” alongside Lean In, #Girlboss, and Thrive.
- The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger for Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage The instant New York Times bestseller from Shark Tank star and Fubu Founder Daymond John on why starting a business on a limited budget can be an entrepreneur’s greatest competitive advantage. Daymond John has been practicing the power of broke ever since he started selling his home-sewn t-shirts on the streets of Queens. With a $40 budget, Daymond had to strategize out-of-the-box ways to promote his products. Luckily, desperation breeds innovation, and so he hatched an idea for a creative campaign that eventually launched the FUBU brand into a $6 billion dollar global phenomenon. But it might not have happened if he hadn’t started out broke – with nothing but hope and a ferocious drive to succeed by any means possible.
- Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building a Life-Changing Business Romi Neustadt is passionate about helping others build lucrative direct sales and network marketing businesses that help create lives with more freedom and flexibility, greater purpose and a lot more fun. In this book she offers you the same direct, no-BS coaching she’s given to tens of thousands to help you acquire the skills to build this sucker and teach your team to do the same. And, equally important, she’ll work on your mindset so you stop over complicating it all and stop letting the negative voices in your head win.
- She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur Are you ready to turn your ideas into reality and build a wildly successful business?There has never been a better time to say yes! With a computer and an Internet connection you can get your ideas, messages, and business out there like never before and create so much success.In this book, Carrie Greenshows you how.Carrie started her first online business at the age of 20—she knows what it’s like to be an ambitious and creative woman with big dreams and huge determination . . . but she also knows the challenges of starting and running a business, including the fears, overwhelm, confusion, and blocks that entrepreneurs face.
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!