Throwing any type of party can be overwhelming and expensive. It doesn’t have to be though… do you know why? I am a penny-pincher and have found some great frugal finds for you to have a great party for a LOW cost. Every year I throw a nice party for my son, and yet manage to keep the cost down. Plus, you can still invite everyone on your list to come…
- Create your own food: This seems kinda like “duh”. Make sure to prep the week of the party. There are so many simple recipes such as hamburgers, hot dogs, crockpot (pulled pork, chili), or whatever! Enjoy it. If someone offers to bring a dish, let them. Or even just order pizza and wings. Keep it simple.
- Host it somewhere for free: Like your house, a park, etc: It doesn’t have to be fancy, guys. Have it where you don’t have to pay an arm and leg. If you need to borrow table and chairs ask around!
- Have a budget in mind: This is the most important one. Try to really plan around your budget and break down how much to spend on each item.
- Bake your desserts: Or have a friend bake your goodies, if you know of someone! My sister-in-law works at a bakery, so I always get them for a discounted price. You can make some really great desserts, though, especially searching on Pinterest.
- Keep gifts simple: Gifts are really overrated. Don’t try to buy it all and buy presents that can be used years later… You know your kid better than anyone else so make sure to get the gifts that he/she will appreciate and enjoy. I also like to make sure to give money whenever possible and put it in their savings account.
- Cut back decorations to a minimum: Again, your kid isn’t going to get mad if you don’t have all the decorations. If they have a theme for their party, then pick the fun cool stuff and shop around! You can find them for super cheap. I also like to save and reuse items for the next year.
Here are some great decorations to consider for an AMAZING PRICE:
- 30-Count Swirl Decorations – Happy Birthday Party Supplies, Party Whirl Streamers, “Happy Bday” Hanging Decorations, Assorted Colors
- Over 100 PC Happy Birthday Party Supplies set and Party Decorations All-in-One Pack including Banner, Flags, Foil Party Balloons, Hats,Confetti, Tablecloth and Plates by Joyin Toy
- Happy Birthday party decoration pom pom balls felt banner for kids party decorations and adults party decorations
- PartyPlanet Happy Birthday Party Decorations, Happy Birthday Banner, Pink and Gold Girl Birthday Party Supplies, Tissue Pom Poms, Balloons, Dot Paper Garland, Tassels
PS: Make sure you take into account a few people not making it because, well, life happens. You don’t need all that extra food!
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!