Gardening is a great hobby to have. I love being able to get out of the house and take care of my little garden. I love how healthy my food is and how I manage to save money at the same time. There are many motives/grounds why you should garden, but here are my best top five reasons:
- Adose of Vitamin D. You get to go outside for a little while and soak up that sunshine. If you wanted to get a little tan, you could even do that. ; )
- A good work out. Carrying a watering can is heavy. Getting the garden set up is the hardest part because you have to make sure that you remove all the weeds. And Hello squats!! I mean, you have to get down and pull out all those bad weeds!!
- Get a little dirty. Okay, so this isn’t always a good perk, but it could be. It gives you an excuse to go in the shower, and get away from life for a little while.
So many more great benefits can be expected from gardening. But, more importantly, have fun!! Having fun and watching your little garden grow is so exciting.
Try these to help make your garden a success and allow you to truly enjoy the process:
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- All New Square Foot Gardening II: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More in Less Space
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Bible, 2nd Edition: Discover Ed’s High-Yield W-O-R-D System for All North American Gardening Regions: Wide Rows, Organic Methods, Raised Beds, Deep Soil
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!