I was hesitate to get area rugs for a few rooms in our house, I really like hardwood floor, but at the same time I knew it would be great to have. I got sick of mopping at least three times a week. I knew we had to be extra careful getting these rugs and make sure that everyone took their shoes off. We also have dogs, so I was sick of sweeping and moping almost daily. Once we got the rugs I realized how great they were, so I wanted to share the top reasons for area rugs if you are on the fence about it:
- Noise Reduction: Rugs can help reduce the noise because carpet is quieter to walk on than a hard surface floor, plus it also absorbs sound from the air. I like being able to walk around without making a lot of noise now.
- Comfort: Carpet is a lot softer than hardwood or tile, duh. Plus in the winter time I don’t have to worry about my feet getting cold on the bare hardwood floor anymore!
- Warmth: Carpet is warmer than hard surface flooring. It has a greater insulating value, thus not getting as much dampness in the house.
- Fun: The area rug can be fun. We have a toddler and he loves the feeling of the carpet, and loves being able to do some gymnastics on it. We feel much better knowing it is safer for him too!
- Allergies: Carpet can actually have a positive effect on allergens in the home.
Choose the Rug. There are some great perks to having an area rug, I put together some of our favorite finds for you!
- Nourison MSG01 Malibu Shag Area Rug, 5’3″ x7’3″, DARK GREY
- Safavieh Hudson Shag Collection SGH280D Ivory and Beige Moroccan Ogee Plush Area Rug (6′ x 9′ )
- Safavieh Dallas Shag Collection SGD257G Grey and Ivory Area Rug (6′ x 9′)
- Unique Loom Del Mar Collection Gray 5 x 8 Area Rug (5′ x 8′)
** This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!