This year we are really going in head strong with our gardening. Last year we made some mistakes and learned from them, but we aren’t going to do that anymore!
It was so fun to pick our vegetables, and fruits, from the garden PLUS it saved us so much money. It really did, and I created a hobby out of it. There are somethings that you need to know about sunlight in order to be successful.
- High Sunlight 6-8 hours per day: Tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, melons, cucumbers, squash, beans. These ones need a lot of sunlight! Make sure that they are planted in the spots where the most sun is.
- Medium Sunlight 4-6 hours per day: Broccoli, Carrots, Radishes, Beets, turnip, potatoes. These ones still need quite a bit of sunlight so make sure to put them in good sunlight in order to get the best results.
- Low Sunlight 3-4 hours per day: Kale, spinach, lettuce,Arugula, Asian greens, cabbage, parsley, scallions. These should be hidden so that the other items can hog up most of the sunlight.
Sunlight is important for your garden, study where your sun goes and make sure to strategically place it in the right spots.
Shop our fave gardening items:
- Garden Gloves with Fingertips Claws Quick– Great for Digging Weeding Seeding poking -Safe for Rose Pruning –Best Gardening Tool -Best Gift for Gardeners (Double Claw)
- The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener’s Handbook: Make the Most of Your Growing Season
- Garden Tools Set, 7 Piece Stainless Steel Heavy Duty Gardening kit with Soft Rubberized Non-Slip Handle -Durable Storage Tote Bag and Pruning Shears – Garden Gifts for Men & Women GGT4A
- Best Choice Products Raised Vegetable Garden Bed 3 Tier Elevated Planter Kit Gardening Vegetable
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!