With the winter months here, people can be anxious with their money. We have to stay warm and the bills tend to go up more in these months than in the summer, for most people anyway. Here are some quick and easy tips to help you live frugal during the winter months.
ENERGY EFFICINECY TIP # 1
- DRAFT DOORS AND WINDOWS? Seal up those Cracks!
- Seal gaps of less than 1.2 inch Select grade (interior, Exterior, high temperature).
- Spray foam by filling in large cracks and small holes. DO NOT USE near flammable applications( e.g. flue, vents).
- Weather stripping used to seal movable components, such as doors, windows, and attic accesses
2 ENERGY EFFICIENCY TIP # 2
- Covering your windows curtains can help reduce heat loss by 10%!
- Open the curtains during the day to let the sun warm the room. At night close them to keep the cold air out.
Energy efficiency tip # 3
- Do you feel cold air around the outlets? There could be a hole somewhere allowing the air to get through examine it and find out where the source is.