Sourced from evergreen fir trees in New Zealand, Douglas Fir oil possesses a unique chemical composition that gives it a purifying, uplifting, refreshing fragrance. The Douglas Fir is often used in the Christmas tree industry because of its fresh, woody aroma reminiscent of the outdoors. Along with an inviting, refreshing scent, Douglas Fir oil can help purify the skin when applied topically.
Douglas Fir Oil Uses and Benefits
- Because Douglas Fir trees are often used in the Christmas tree industry, the aroma of Douglas Fir essential oil has many uses around the holidays. You can create your own holiday room spray, and invite the smells of the season into your home. Simply combine 15 drops of Frankincense, 15 drops of Grapefruit, and 30 drops of Douglas Fir into a glass spray bottle. Top with water and spray!
- Many people use Douglas Fir oil for skin, because it holds cleaning and purifying properties when applied topically. Due to its chemical makeup, Douglas Fir essential oil is very useful for cleaning—whether you are wiping down counters or purifying your skin when you wash your face in the morning. To enjoy the benefits of Douglas Fir oil for your skin, add a few drops of the oil to your facial moisturizer to help cleanse and purify the skin.
- With a combination of citrus and wood notes, Douglas Fir oil’s aroma can help promote an uplifting and positive environment. When you want to create a positive mood at home, at the office, or in a child’s bedroom, diffuse a few drops of Douglas Fir essential oil. Because of its unique chemistry, Douglas Fir oil blends well with citrus, wood, and spice essential oils. Along with creating a positive mood, diffusing Douglas Fir oil will also freshen and purify the air—an added bonus!
- Bring an invigorating aroma to your daily hygiene routine by adding a few drops of Douglas Fir essential oil to your favorite cleansers and soaps. Add one drop of Douglas Fir oil to your facial cleanser, and enjoy the purifying and cleansing properties this oil has to offer. Before you get in the shower, add a drop or two of Douglas Fir oil to bar soap or body wash to experience added cleansing benefits with a refreshing aroma.
- For a relaxing, cooling massage experience, consider combining Douglas Fir essential oil with one or two drops of Wintergreenoil. Remember, doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil makes a great carrier oil for massages because it is safe and high quality. Diluting oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil can help you avoid skin sensitivity, particularly when using oils that are especially potent.
- Want an invigorating diffuser blend that will uplift your mood and help you focus? Combine Douglas Fir, Wild Orange, and Lemon or Bergamot oil in your diffuser for a blend that will freshen the air, uplift the mood, and promote a sense of focus. Need extra help focusing? Inhale Douglas Fir oil directly from the bottle.
As always if you are interested a wholesale account send me a message firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up here https://www.mydoterra.com/susieliberatore/#/and make sure to use my ID: 43961
Like this blog post? Want more like this? Sign up for our newsletter so you can stay up to date with ways to make money AND save money!